Friday 23 October 2009

links of interest



Hopi ear candling.

I have always suffered from problems with my left ear and sinuses. I have tried various things over the years but recently tried this and found it to be really effective. It dates back through many civilizations, and is reported to be pictured in ancient art works.
A gentle, yet affective treatment It I can highly recommend. The treatment takes about 45 minutes a tubular candle is placed in your ear and lit at the end, as the candle burns down a warm heat is felt and you can hear a crackling, a vacuum is created drawing wax and impurities out of the ear and up the candle. After this treatment you feel clearer and your hearing is improved.
I am not a huge fan of conventional medicine, if I really need it I will take it of course, but I always like to look for alternative treatments. I am always interested to find out the effects and history of these alternative therapies. I have tried various treatments over time and found them beneficial.
http://www.lynnehancher.co.uk/aaahop.htm

Bikram Yoga



Bikram Yoga is like a drug. Addictive. Once you step foot in the studio you feel instantly motivated and focused on yourself. It is intense workout of ninety minutes and I can vouch that at the end of the session you feel amazing, both physically and mentally. The mixture of people and abilities is something I love, everyone is there for there own reasons, It is purely self indulgent time but really helps with all round well being. I have felt down, stiff and out of shape, the sweating involved in a session of Bikram is an instant pick me up. The feeling is addictive. It is also a rapid way to improve strength, flexibility and also things like digestion. Go and try it, although it is expensive there are lots of introductory offers to be had and also a discount for equity members.
http://www.bikramyoga.co.uk/home.html

1 comment:

  1. I myself have not tried Bikram Yoga yet but have also heard from many dancers how much they love it. They tell me its a different form of exercise and work out that they find very beneficial.

    ReplyDelete