Friday 9 October 2009

My top 5 resources...

Facebook
http://www.facebook.com

Facebook is probably my most frequent resource, It enables me to keep in touch with my friends and work colleagues who are scattered around the globe. It is also a good way of finding out about auditions and castings as there are many different groups that you can join that send casting information and briefs .
It also allows me to quickly contact people if I need information or help on a specific project.

The Stage
http://www.thestage.co.uk
The stage newspaper was my first ever resource in my professional career,
It is a good place to find open auditions for all sorts of productions throughout the arts. I have attended many auditions from this source and gained employment from them.
It is also an interesting site to find news and reviews about the arts.

Ents web
www.entsweb.co.uk
This is a website that advertises auditions and jobs, Many European employers advertise here for cabaret type shows which is the main area I work in.
Although I mainly use this site to find auditions it also has a lot of other information on this site about all aspects of the entertainment industry including courses and accommodation.

Dancers Int.co.uk
http://www.dancersint.co.uk/
This is a website and also an agency, that advertises forthcoming auditions and vacancies for dancers. I attended an audition recently that was organised by this agency and will work at Christmas in Holland as a result. There is also a section of contacts, which I have used to promote myself.

BBC news
http://www.bbc.co.uk/
I read the news on this website daily.
Wherever I am in the world I can keep up to date with what is happening in the world, including the entertainment industry. I find this a big comfort in life as I am often not in the U.K, I don’t like to feel out of touch with the world.

2 comments:

  1. Facebook has connected the world together and reunited friends.
    Its also a great place to find out about audiitions and up coming events.
    !

    ReplyDelete